SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I have a 900s 1990, I have replaced everything but the coil and the ignition amp. It will not start, I have spark at the coil but not at plugs. It is in time and the the timing chain is good. It is getting fuel but no spark. If I change these last items and the car doesnt start :x I dont no what to do .Help please

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If no spark is present & the coil and rotor button specifications are correct,and the cap button inside is intact, the ignition amplifier will most likely be the cause.Ignition amplifier failures are common failures. Failures can often be identified by checking spark from the center of the distributor.Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ignition help

I replaced the ignition mod, I just need to get the timing down. I cant get it to stay running long enough to put a timing light on it.:confused:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
On 1989 and later 900s (in the US), the ignition timing is set automatically by the engine-management system.

Is the engine cranking but not firing? If so, I'd suspect the Hall sensor (also called the crank sensor); it's mounted on the oil-pump housing just behind the crank pulley.

Look near the base of your engine-oil dipstick, and you'll see the gray 3-wire connector from this sensor. You can pull this apart to test the sensor, using a digital multimeter as described in the Bentley manual.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
good chance of the sensor going, you get spark, but it does not go in time or continuosly enough,my first failiure would run for 2mins then run like a sick pig, this time it just died completely,and is exactly like yours(see crankcase sensor thread)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts