SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should be a simple one - I've just been out to the hardware store, pretty low on fuel (light on). Got home and started one of my jobs for the day - taking off my window tint - and lo and behold the rain starts, naturally..

So I went to reverse the car into the garage, and no-go!

Is this just a near-dead battery, or a fuel issue, or somethign else? I wasn't sure and don't have a fuel tank on hand to top up. I suspect battery (my windows ggradually got slower moving) and will probably jump it soon (waiting for the pack to charge), but in case it's fuel-related I thought I'd get some thoughts here first.

So here's a vid:

Cheers for any help!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds like a hurting battery. Have you tried to jump it?
You need to test the alternator as well as the battery.
Just listening to the video, I highly doubt it is fuel related.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S'what I thought. Only had the power running 20 mins using windows, so it's either battery dying or alternator. Might have to get the wallet out again then!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
S'what I thought. Only had the power running 20 mins using windows, so it's either battery dying or alternator. Might have to get the wallet out again then!
well if you had the lights on too for 20 mins your battery just needs charged.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My puny 600A starter can't get it going, so looks like time for a new battery.

Greg, do you have a recommendation for me mate? Unfortunately might have to be from SCA, only place near enough by public transport! :(

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
My puny 600A starter can't get it going, so looks like time for a new battery.

Greg, do you have a recommendation for me mate? Unfortunately might have to be from SCA, only place near enough by public transport! :(
Nothing special required as far as I know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts