SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know it's been talked about plenty of times, but with respect to coils for the 2.8T V6 - has anyone tried the ACDelco from Parts Highway (ecarsonline) on Ebay/Amazon?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Six-New-OEM-Ignition-Coils-ACDelco-D501C-D-501-C-GM-12629037-Alt-UF375-BSC1508-/141372465628?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20ea74a1dc

I see they are currently available as a package of 6 for the insanely low price of $155 USD. That's like $26 a piece for supposedly a Bosch made ACDelco part. And we thought Rockauto was cheap for the Airtex part??

Now, co-incidentally, you can find the same part number on Alibaba or Aliexpress direct from China, seemingly with no branding on it (according to the pics I've seen). I'd provide a link, but the URLs are very long and I'm sure changes quick frequently depending on the factory/ part details. Even then though, the Aliexpress price is currently $35 a piece (free shipping) or $33.25 in bulk (5+).

On Alibaba, the part is even described as a Bosch part, but the packaging is "neutral boxes according to customers design":

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bosch-ignition-coil-12583514-12613051-12613057_1884792272.html

So $26 per for ACDelco coils from Parts Highway. How do they do it? Sounds almost too good to be true. But it seems people are having success with this part? Is it genuine Bosch/ACDelco - anyone care to do some P.I. work to figure it out?

No disrespect meant to Parts Highway - I'm just looking at this from a "sounds too good to be true" point of view, and wonder if anyone else has thought the same. I don't care where the part comes from if it's a quality part - it's just that with the rampant counterfeiting and the growth of Alibaba/Aliexpress I see this going on everywhere in electronics, sporting goods, almost everything!

Colin

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I know it's been talked about plenty of times, but with respect to coils for the 2.8T V6 - has anyone tried the ACDelco from Parts Highway (ecarsonline) on Ebay/Amazon?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Six-New-OEM-Ignition-Coils-ACDelco-D501C-D-501-C-GM-12629037-Alt-UF375-BSC1508-/141372465628?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20ea74a1dc

I see they are currently available as a package of 6 for the insanely low price of $155 USD. That's like $26 a piece for supposedly a Bosch made ACDelco part. And we thought Rockauto was cheap for the Airtex part??

Colin
Maybe I found my answer. Made in China according to this thread over on saabnet:

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/9-3/index.html?bID=153652

Colin

·
Registered
162 Posts

Now, co-incidentally, you can find the same part number on Alibaba or Aliexpress direct from China, seemingly with no branding on it (according to the pics I've seen). I'd provide a link, but the URLs are very long and I'm sure changes quick frequently depending on the factory/ part details. Even then though, the Aliexpress price is currently $35 a piece (free shipping) or $33.25 in bulk (5+).

On Alibaba, the part is even described as a Bosch part, but the packaging is "neutral boxes according to customers design":

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bosch-ignition-coil-12583514-12613051-12613057_1884792272.html

So $26 per for ACDelco coils from Parts Highway. How do they do it? Sounds almost too good to be true. But it seems people are having success with this part? Is it genuine Bosch/ACDelco - anyone care to do some P.I. work to figure it out?

No disrespect meant to Parts Highway - I'm just looking at this from a "sounds too good to be true" point of view, and wonder if anyone else has thought the same. I don't care where the part comes from if it's a quality part - it's just that with the rampant counterfeiting and the growth of Alibaba/Aliexpress I see this going on everywhere in electronics, sporting goods, almost everything!

Colin
I ordered them a few weeks ago and put them in the following weekend. The car is back to normal now--no jutter at high-boost and no misfire on shift!

They're genuine AC Delco parts, so I'm OK with that. I ordered mine off Amazon. I don't trust the ones on eBay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered them a few weeks ago and put them in the following weekend. The car is back to normal now--no jutter at high-boost and no misfire on shift!

They're genuine AC Delco parts, so I'm OK with that. I ordered mine off Amazon. I don't trust the ones on eBay.
Sounds awesome - glad they are working well for you!

The more I read though the more people seem to believe the China made coils don't last beyond a year or two. Who's to say?

How do you know they are actually ACDelco and not just China made and stamped ACDelco as a counterfeit? Has ACDelco outsourced their manufacturing to China, and are they getting a cut of these sales at this price?

Seems Parts Highway is the same outfit whether ordering through their Amazon store or their Ebay store... so I imagine for $26 a pop, these have to be coming from a Chinese factory.

Colin

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds awesome - glad they are working well for you!

The more I read though the more people seem to believe the China made coils don't last beyond a year or two. Who's to say?

How do you know they are actually ACDelco and not just China made and stamped ACDelco as a counterfeit? Has ACDelco outsourced their manufacturing to China, and are they getting a cut of these sales at this price?

Seems Parts Highway is the same outfit whether ordering through their Amazon store or their Ebay store... so I imagine for $26 a pop, these have to be coming from a Chinese factory.

Colin
I was wrong; these are the coils I ordered: Amazon.com: ACDelco D501C Ignition Coil: Automotive

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Anyone tried (with success) the Cadillac SRX 2.8 coils? I know brownpower (I think that's who it was) had them installed with some luck.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
SaabMick, when our NAPA store was "not in stock" regarding the 9-3 coils I had the fellow do a cross check and moments later the little pick up pulled in with a coil. When it worked fine he went back and got the second coil (there are two that are hard to change out so it was done as a precaution), they have been in there for a few years now with no problems.

Yep, they showed no Saab coils but the Caddy were fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wrong; these are the coils I ordered: Amazon.com: ACDelco D501C Ignition Coil: Automotive
but the ones you ordered were still only 26$ and worked perfectly fine though?? im getting a stutter under full boost too and finally just got my first CEL for the misfire in cylinder 1 and 2. im also going stage 3 this weekend but i cant really do that until i fix these damn coils. i just want ta gurantee from you guys theyll work then imma order then ASAP. thankss

Kyle

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Anyone tried (with success) the Cadillac SRX 2.8 coils? I know brownpower (I think that's who it was) had them installed with some luck.
I have been 20 months, 6 at stage 3 JZW and the last 14 months at stage 5 JZW with the caddy coils. No problems yet ;ol;;ol;

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
kbarnz1, I don't think you are are going to get a get a "guarantee" from anyone on a forum regarding a car with an electrical glitch. While my NAPA coils (more than $25 bucks), solved my stutter after a tune you could be looking at plugs, gap in the plugs or a shorted wire or ground.

The coils are an obvious place to start but note that early Saab replacement coils failed so you may have been "lucky" and drew NOS.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I don't know if I'd be taking chances with these "cheaper" choices.

Why not just go with what's proven for a few $$ more and use the Airtex/Bosch from Rockauto?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you're doing the work yourself I'd say give them a shot. Changing the rears aren't that difficult, my first time I accomplished it within 30 minutes, without breaking anything too. One of mine are going on my convertible but no cel yet. Been waiting anxiously for it lol that's probably the only time you want a cel to tell you which coil. I might buy that set and see how it goes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi guys, those Aldelco ones won't fit our cars! I just bought some and they are different designs...so i wasn't sure why some of you that owns 2008 claimed that u use them, what i missed?:confused:

·
Registered
434 Posts
They are for the 2.8t V6
Well.... that explains it, so you can get coils for the v6 for a mere $30 a piece and the 4 bangers ones cost $100 a piece... yikees...what's wrong with this picture??

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well.... that explains it, so you can get coils for the v6 for a mere $30 a piece and the 4 bangers ones cost $100 a piece... yikees...what's wrong with this picture??
nevermind, i found the answer...the 4 bangers has the knock sensor...sigh..looks like it's going to be expensive anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
kbarnz1, I don't think you are are going to get a get a "guarantee" from anyone on a forum regarding a car with an electrical glitch. While my NAPA coils (more than $25 bucks), solved my stutter after a tune you could be looking at plugs, gap in the plugs or a shorted wire or ground.

The coils are an obvious place to start but note that early Saab replacement coils failed so you may have been "lucky" and drew NOS.
yeah i have brand new LFX plugs in so its definately coils because i finally got my CEL too said it was cylinder 1 and 2 so NAPA here we come lol. should i just buy all 6 to play it safe? just went stage 3 and it stutters like a btch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts