SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '89 900 N/A with the mounted ignition amplifier and I need to put in a new coil. Unfortunately, I pulled the old one out without bothering to take note of where the 3 wires went.:roll: The Bentley wiring diagram doesn't show this.

I know the red goes to positive, the blue to the negative on the coil....but where does the black wire with the capacitor that grounds to the side of the distributor go? I thought it was on the positive post of the coil, but I just need to make sure so I don't fry anything.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
On my 1990, which has the remote amplifier (not the one attached to the coil like the '88 and your '89), the black wire connects to the coil + terminal. I'm pretty sure it's the same for all.

·
Banned
637 Posts
One question: Why a new Coil??
Bosch OEM ones have proven almost 100% reliable... in Millions of Cars.. for lotsa years
. Most of the ones that were replaced as faulty were due to the ineptness of the servicing Mech.
Prolly the most reilable Bit Bosch has yet built:) Just a thought.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one that was in the car was a coil from Accel, not Bosch. I will be replacing it with the Bosch coil though. The reason I am replacing it is due to a weak, if any spark. I am also not getting an Ohm reading off the center post just terminals 3 and 4 on the coil when testing. Looks like some moisture got in there and ruined it.

Thank you for the responses! :cheesy:

·
Banned
5,841 Posts

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I have this burned into my memory..."blue two" in other words, the blue gets the extra wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts