SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently bought a used 2000 9-3. All the important parts seem to be working fine now, but I'm getting racked with the little stuff. I posted a couple of the things before, AC fan switch, CEL-DIC, change battery alert, SID, etc. and got good advice so far.

So now I notice that the motor for my antennae makes noise like its working, but the antennae doesn't go up/down. I saw new antennea on ebay for approx. 20.00 USD, complete with instructions. My dealer wants more than 100 USD to fix the antennae. Anybody have experience with broken antennae?

I'm still very happy with my purchase, but want the little stuff to stop, soon.

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
7,876 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - I plan the repair next weekend.

Even with all the small stuff, I already love the car.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't worry your not the only one having the same issues.

Mine's a 99, before I got it some one replaced the DIC and SID. since Iv'e had it, it has needed New tie rods, control arm bushings, plugs,power stering pump, alt, tensioner, belt,heater head control,rear window motor,fog light and other stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow - and your screen name still include Saab Nut - now that's dedication...

I'll make sure to look you up if I need any of these repairs...

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
553 Posts
And u do seem to be a Saab lunatic :cheesy:

and my saab has 100K on it so it's just a lot of maintanice and such with my car.

I think the last few owners didn't do to much real maintanice.

But I have pulled the valve cover and dropped the pan, was very surprised to see how VERY clean the motor is, there was NO sludge build up at all.
that surprised me with that many miles on it.

hkayssi said:
That's determined by the numbers of posts on the forum. Mine is SAAB lunatic :cheesy:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Other than the starter motor, nothing has happened to mine, but, IMO, the POs did take care of it, which does help a lot.

My electric antenna may not operate, due to no-use; the same could happen to the sun roof...

Trust the dealers to "sock it to you", they seem to do this with all automobiles.. I know that Honda does, maybe worse than Saab...
And this "sock it to the consumer" holds true for just about evertything..except the American farmer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts