SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you guys know about my problem starting and that I replaced the the crank position sensor in an attempt to recitfy this. Now my check engine light has come on and the idle speed seems to be rather random. When it was ice cold this morning I could barely get it to run, kept stalling right after it started. Then once it was warmed up it was idling at about 1300 rpms, and I mean fully, hour long highway run warmed up. But when I'm driving along it seems normal, except for the lack of cruise control and the fact that my turbo power is cut in half. Damn, so this is what an LPT feels like. I'm gonna get the codes pulling as soon as I can, but until then any ideas or things to check?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ooooooooooooooooooooooo, crap. I probably set this in limp mode when I disconnected the throttle from the ecu the other day(experimented as to the cause of my starting problem). I'll get right on fixing that, thanks a bunch chris for pointing out what should have been obvious. :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worked like a charm and the check light has stayed off. Thanks everyone who helped me sort these problems (Finn, Chris, Kermit, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting right now)

X

·
0 Posts
Well done for fixing the car, saved some $$$ too :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Well done Raven ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finn said:
Well done for fixing the car, saved some $$$ too :cheesy:
Yeah, but with all the pain and suffering it's hard to tell if I came out on top or not. Plus I need tires this month so the car may have the last laugh. :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Raven18940 said:
Yeah, but with all the pain and suffering it's hard to tell if I came out on top or not. Plus I need tires this month so the car may have the last laugh. :p
Hey you definately win, all cars need tyres at some point ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts