SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is a 1999 9-5, 2.3l lpt 5spd. Sometimes on start up it will seem to stutter, the rpms will go way down and almost stall out, and then go back up. Some times it stalls out and i have to restart it. car is just fine when driving. I thought the spark plugs where the issue so i replaced them and gapped them correctly, and all was great. I also cleaned my Mass air flow sensor and throttle body just incase. Well i am still getting it occasionally but not as bad as it was. The car within the last 30k has had a new fuel pump, new DI, new fuel filter, new cps, and new sparks within 200miles and as said before mass airflow sensor and tb were cleaned when i put new spark plugs in (ngkbcpr7es) I was reading that a blow off valve that is not holding vacuum may cause rough idle, so maybe this is my problem? so my main question is what else could be causing this rough idle, and if it is the blow off valve, will a blow off valve from a t5 car (97 9000) work? (i have 2 of those sitting around) or would i need a blow off valve from a t7 car?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I think it's the change in the weather. Car will start, no CEL, runs well; i'm cool with it until something really funky stars happening.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Clean the throttle body.....again.

I really cant see the valve giving you an idle problem.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
There should be no need to remove it, what you want is to make sure all around the butterfly valve is completely clean and not sticking.

I spray carb cleaner into mine with the top pipe slightly removed, and yes it will chug and stall because of the massive air leak, but persevere ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There should be no need to remove it, what you want is to make sure all around the butterfly valve is completely clean and not sticking.

I spray carb cleaner into mine with the top pipe slightly removed, and yes it will chug and stall because of the massive air leak, but persevere ;)
oh so spray the cleaner into it while its running? and lastly i noticed if i push the brake pedal all the way to the floor, the rpms will drop way super low like its going to stall and then jump back up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i had this problem on my 95 took the TB off compleatly cleaned it with tb cleaner and a tooth brush which was a PITA btw then put it back on reconnected everything replaced all of the vacumm lines and it fixed the problem lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.