SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home to a strange hissing sound coming from the engine. No noticeable power loss. Did some looking around and found the broken hose. I just don't know what the hose is called. I'm guessing something to do with the turbo or the emissions control. I snapped a couple pictures.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yup, as he said, it's a vacuum line for the brake booster.

The little circular shaped plastic bit is the check valve - this particular part was subject to a replacement campaign a few years ago due to the heat of the engine causing it to go brittle.

The replacement inlcuded a new valve and hose, which was repositioned slightly.

Looks like yours may not have been done at that time (about 4 or 5 years ago IIRC).

·
Super Moderator
9,465 Posts
didn't think that one was part of the recall,thought it was the one that ran across the bulkhead & above the turbo..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I guess you guys are saying my guesses are way off :D. Thanks for the fast responses! Now to find the part at a decent price....

·
Super Moderator
9,465 Posts
the pipe that is broken goes from the vacuum pump to the intake manifold,wasn't part of the recall..

·
Registered
435 Posts
You can find a standard Dorman check valve at most auto parts stores...it looks really cheap compared to the stock, but it works. I threw the Dorman in until I was able to source a stock one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can find a standard Dorman check valve at most auto parts stores...it looks really cheap compared to the stock, but it works. I threw the Dorman in until I was able to source a stock one.
You don't happen to have a part number do you? Amazon.com has several different check valves by Dorman and i want to get the right one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the check valve just "slides" into the rigid hose? I was under the impression that the check valve and hose was all one assembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts