SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 9-3 Aero and the ICM3 unit has stopped working. The SID continues to work, but am getting no sound for parking sensors, indicators etc. Main screen does not turn on - any suggestions on what I can check to find the issue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's probably a fuse. Also worth seeing if your passenger side floor is dry as sometimes leaks fry the amp under the seat. Erosion also causes issues with Amp1. If it fails, the fibre loop is no longer intact and will cause some of the symptoms you're experiencing. The fact the screen isn't turning on would suggest a fuse though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, you can disconnect it and place a fibre optic loop back adaptor there instead. But check your fuses first

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many fuses are there? Have replaced the one in the front side panel on the passenger side - are there others?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't have a fuse diagram handy, but the fibre loop goes through you ICM, EHU, CD player, Amp1, Navigation system, and Amp2 if you have it. If any of these items have a blown fuse, the fibre loop will be broken resulting in these issues. Check fuses for all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have changed the 3 Fuses that appear to be linked to the ICM and AMP but still not resolved the issues. Before looking at the fibre loop does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Buy a fibre loopback adaptor, they're less than a tenner on Amazon. Then use it to replace the amp to see if it resolves the issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts