SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I unmated the CD player via Tech 2 and removed it. However, I unplugged the AC panel and the AMP 2 to do so. Then, I unmated and remated the AMP 2. I’m taking it to the dealership anyway, but what could be causing this? The ICM only displays the main menu. No sounds, no blinker sounds, nothing.

Should I just unmate and remate the ICM to the ECU to try to get it reset?
Help!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Did you loop the fiber optics when you removed the cd player? If you just unplugged the connector at the back and left it then the signal can't get through and you will lose all audio.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an optic loopback in there...it's at the dealership right now, and they're touchy about aftermarket modifications like not having the CD player in there...lol Watch it be something stupid like the optic cables were in the wrong slots of the loopback or something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you installing an aftermarket radio?
No, I removed the CD player and installed the loop back to leave that slot open for my CB radio. I have a DIN-sized President McKinley in there. I am almost certain the ICM does not need the CD player to function (it was un-mated through the Tech 2 anyway). At this rate, I'm ready to rip out the ICM and the AMP 2 and just start over and remate them to the ECU again.

I like the look of the ICM, actually. I was thinking of swapping it out for one with the larger screen for the GPS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts