SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my stereo with a single din android with 10.1" display.

Few days a go I started the process while waiting for the unit to arrive. I removed the cd player.
Then installed an optic bypass to the optics that were connected to the old cd player. Everything worked chimes, indicators etc.

Today the unit arrived I started by splicing up the harness that came with the unit.
First thing I did was to splice the ignition cable on the harness to the cigarette lighter, and ground to a bolt in on the chassis control inside the console.

Then I spliced the constant from the harnes to the red wire from the old cd player connector.

Then I switch the ignition on to se if the unit turned on, and it did.

The I started cutting the front left speaker wires off the EHU connector, tested it it worked.

Then did the same with the other speakers, and they all works.

Then I tried the indicators nothing happened no sound.
I didn't cut any of the fibre optics, then I checked the bypass I did from the old cd player, no red light.
But the fibre optics on the EHU was fine (red light)

Then I checked the back of the ICM no light there either, but when you switched the ignition on the green lights on the panel, knobs works, and functions (radio seek and other stuff), just the fibre optics not lighting up and the chimes, indicators etc. Doesn't work.

Please help, and thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
20,201 Posts
Chimes and stuff go thru speakers.... which you cut....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chimes and stuff go thru speakers.... which you cut....
Does it comes thru the middle dash speaker? I put the aerial connector to the ehu and the radio came on the middle speaker. I the chimes works independently thru the middle speaker via fibre optic cable.
And why is the fibre optic from the old CD player I bypassed and the icm optic light didn't come on, only the one that on the ehu connector.
Any help much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it working, turns out I just need to reconnect front left speaker back to the ehu connector then spliced it to the harness

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it comes thru the middle dash speaker? I put the aerial connector to the ehu and the radio came on the middle speaker. I the chimes works independently thru the middle speaker via fibre optic cable.
And why is the fibre optic from the old CD player I bypassed and the icm optic light didn't come on, only the one that on the ehu connector.
Any help much appreciated, thanks
Sorted, rewired the front left speaker back to ehu connector then splice it to the harness, sounded really crackly tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts