SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1978 99GLE 5dr in cardinal red, 60k miles, one owner car(proverbial little old lady)

I first heard about the car back in May, but the price tag was $1500, so I wasn't interested. I read about it again on saabnet the other day, and found out the price had dropped to $500. I took the money out of the bank yesterday, and was prepared to spend it based on what my friend had told me about the car. My intentions were to buy it, fix a few things, then sell it for a profit, but that's not going to happen. The interior is nearly mint, but some yahoos did some poor front end collision repair, and some poor bondo work on other areas of the car. What a shame, as the car will most likely end up at the crusher. The battery was dead, and they said it just cranked and wouldn't fire, so I don't even know the condition of the engine and trans. Maybe that's for the better, as I only saw more bad than good with the car. It's still hard to let those parts slip away, but it's not worth $500 and a tow bill to me. I may just call tomorrow and offer $100, but then I'd have to figure out how to get it home and where to put it.

more pictures here

http://saabpics.com:3000/gallery2/v/Dougstuff/album115/78GLE/

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you could get it for $100 that would be a good deal, funny how those good deals have a way of cluttering the driveway though, ask me how I know :D

-Chip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts