SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!!!

Tomorrow I'll be picking up a black 2007 9-3 Aero 6-speed manual sedan and I'm so excited!!! 140K miles, one owner, 2 minor accidents (fixed), clean Carfax, very good shape outside with a pristine gray interior. $4,000. Pics will arrive soon!

My first question. I will be replacing the shift knob/insert because it's trashed and it stands out because the rest of the interior is pretty stunning. One option seems to be the plethora of eBay and Amazon knobs which appear to be roughly identical in appearance and close to OEM, are quite inexpensive but every single one of them ships from overseas and I'm just too darn impatient.

I saw what appears to be an OEM knob on TheSaabSite but the knob/insert combo is $167. They're located in PA & I have no idea if they'd be a quicker option...but $167 is a little steep for me at the moment.

Anyone able to chime in on this for me? Is there a forum favorite that everyone loves which isn't too expensive and can be in my greedy hands in a week or so?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and being an active member!!!!!! -Tony

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
104 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I am also a new Saab owner and have really found this forum helpful, so definitely take advantage of it.

In terms of the shift knob, all you really need to know is the thread pitch (example: "M12 x 1.25mm" for metric) and then you will know what shift knobs will fit. I always prefer OEM if possible, but I don't really like the look of the OEM shifter in our cars. This is why I would figure out the thread pitch and look for an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats! As for the shift boot, state of nine makes a genuine leather one, will probably hold up much much linger than the pleather our cars use.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts