SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started hearing the faint chirp of the upper idler pulley last week so it was time to change it and go billet.

I put the Wazee upper Idler pully on without any issues. New belt of course. The old idler pulley lasted just over 100K miles so not too bad.

One note for those who have done the 9000 upper engine mount. You now have to remove that upper engine mount engine mount to release the tension off the idler pulley. I was unable to sneak around that so a few extra steps in changing that this weekend.

Other than that, product part looks like good quality. Hoping it is the last pulley I need to buy for this car...we'll see.

Link to WAZEE

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Its a beautiful appearing pulley; but expect to replace its bearing "sooner or later".

How about OBD V, with sensors that can report minuscule changes in mechanical sounds and temperatures - no more on the road breakdowns - if the driver "reads his SID V" on a daily basis..

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not another sensor! :eek:

This might be a good one though. Although, if Saab could make one that doesn't fail so often, that would be a plus. I was pretty happy with the fact that the belt and stock pulley lasted 108k miles. Probably should have thought about replacing it sooner but...

The upside to an idler pully replacement needed every so often is that you don't(or can't) neglect changing your belt which I think happens quite often with many.
With 186K miles on the car we'll see what goes first the pulley or the car. :cheesy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts