SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read all previous discussions on here and was in the same boat as many. do i yank out the entire system and start from scratch or just upgrade. brief history i bought a 2009 9-6 sportcombi with the HK and GM head unit. i like good sound and usually spend a fortune on my systems. this time i decided after listening that stock was also acceptable and could certainly be lived with for a brief time while deciding what to do. the bass however was the weakest aspect and so i decided to build a custom enclosure and just add a small amp and see how it fared. i choose the rockford fosgate r500x1d amp but could have just as easily gone with the jl audio jx500. i also used a scosche loc2sl adapter that gave me a remote wire for the amp. i did not want to loose any space in the rear compartment and wanted a 12" sub but by the time i chopped out the left rear panel and built the box i could only fit a 10" driver. i went with the Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohms Per Coil for no particular reason other than it's specs. i managed to get a .7 ft^3 box jammed into right rear side. sound is what i wanted: fairly deep, very clean and tight. i'm happy with it.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts