SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know most poople think they are ugly, but i really like them and want to get one. Anyone have a good one for sale? i checked the classified and emailed a few people. there are some on ebay, i don't know if i should get one and restore or buy a restored one.

plase advise a newbie.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
it depends on how much money you have ;) if you have disposable income, then by all means buy a cheap one that has a few problems, just make sure its not your only form of transportation :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikewitdaspike said:
it depends on how much money you have ;) if you have disposable income, then by all means buy a cheap one that has a few problems, just make sure its not your only form of transportation :lol:
Hey Mike,

I am looking for a car that will not need a lot of attention immediately.
I want something to tool around. I actually would rather take a saab with torn seats and falling headliners. Cuz i want to do redo the seats and headliner in nice leather and alcantra. So i would need a good 2 grand just for that. As for the engine i want a solid running engine. i don't care for stereo etc.
my range is 1000$-2500$ depending on the condition of the car.

how has your car been?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Decide what you want the car for. If you just like the looks and want it to cruise around town in, find a nice clean 900i or similar.

But if you think that, even just a little, you might want to go crazy foot-down mental in it, then hold out for a turbo (or lpt), because making the other models go faster is a lot trickier.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
WAZ SAAB said:
Hey Mike,

I am looking for a car that will not need a lot of attention immediately.
I want something to tool around. I actually would rather take a saab with torn seats and falling headliners. Cuz i want to do redo the seats and headliner in nice leather and alcantra. So i would need a good 2 grand just for that. As for the engine i want a solid running engine. i don't care for stereo etc.
my range is 1000$-2500$ depending on the condition of the car.

how has your car been?
my car? well, to be fair, my car hasn't exactly lead the greatest life :lol: it was neglected by the previous owner, and i drive the p!ss out of it :lol: she's held up surprisingly well though, she still runs, and can still outrun a good many cars :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
For 1 to 2 grand you should be able to find a pretty clean specimen--turbo if you want it. Try Craigslist.com. Unless you're looking for a really clean car on e-bay you want to find something local you can test drive before purchase.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yea, you do want one. I never really saw the fasinatoin with Saabs until I had one nobody else in the family wanted. I fell in love. It is the most fun car to drve. Handles well, wonderful driving position, everything is right where it should be. Plenty of power, and... mileage in the 30s. I challenge you to find a car with so much power and such good mileage. I really enjoy driving them.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The classic Saab 900 is one of those "special everyday cars". It is a collectable daily driver today. They live very long lives and provide decade after decade of enjoyment for thier owner(s).

If you cut to the chase you can just buy a really nice 900T16 in impeccable shape for $4,000-$5,000. They are out there. 900s are the type of cars where many original owners are still around today and have spent the money to keep them up well. One with a perfect service history, leather that is soft to the touch and still beautiful, plus gorgeous original paint.:cool:

The truly desirable 900 turbos are the Convertibles and Aero/SPG versions.:cool:

The original leather really can't be beat, so in good shape they are wonderful.

I think it is really worth the extra money if you can spring for it to just buy a really nice one and enjoy the drive.

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/saab/saab_900_convertible_1992_01_s.jpg

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
WAZ SAAB said:
i know most poople think they are ugly, but i really like them and want to get one. Anyone have a good one for sale? i checked the classified and emailed a few people. there are some on ebay, i don't know if i should get one and restore or buy a restored one.

plase advise a newbie.[/QUOTE How could anyone think they are ugly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i don't think they are ugly, but everyone else i talk to thinks they are butt ugly. then again i an awkward person, so it suits me and i love the classic look of it. i am not gonna be steered away by their lack of ability to see through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
All I can add is this.

Got my 900 vert a couple of months ago. Every woman and girl I know at work and around town has said the same thing when they saw her....

Oh my God, she is SO cute.

Long before the Saab, I got the third Nissan 350Z ever here in Raleigh. (Orange no less). Although she also got a lot of attention, the chicks have been more excited about my Saab then they were over my Z.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
sagedil said:
All I can add is this.

Got my 900 vert a couple of months ago. Every woman and girl I know at work and around town has said the same thing when they saw her....

Oh my God, she is SO cute.

Long before the Saab, I got the third Nissan 350Z ever here in Raleigh. (Orange no less). Although she also got a lot of attention, the chicks have been more excited about my Saab then they were over my Z.
same here! every guy i talk to thinks its ugly, but they're all impressed by it's speed :cheesy: and the girls all think she's cute, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts