SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I tried to replace the fuel filter in my 2007 9-3. The new fuel filter that I bought is for a 2003 - 2011 Saab 9-3. I looked up how to do it in my Haynes manual. I releived the fuel pressure, jacked up the back of the car, supported it, and slid up under there. What I saw did not look like the pics in the Haynes manual. The manual says that the fuel filter is on the right side of the gas tank and shows a picture of a fuel filter mounted beside the gas tank. But what I saw was a plastic box there. I thought that maybe I needed to get it out of the way and maybe I would find the fuel filter up above it, but I couldn't get it out of the way and it looked like it had a hose connected on the top of it. So my questions are, 1. Does my car have a fuel filter? 2. Is it located above that plastic box? 3. How do I replace it? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,240 Posts
Fuel filter is in tank. Not serviceable. Never seen one get clogged either. Send it back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel filter

I don't see why the online car parts website lists fuel filters for my make and model then. They had 2 different ones so I bought them both to make sure I had the right one once I got under there. I'll send them both back. Thanks. BTW, are we allowed to mention the name of the store or website that we got stuff from on this forum, or is that a no no? Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
20,240 Posts
Don't see why not.

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
US/CA cars do not have external fuel filter, other market cars do have.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I recently replaced the fuel pump assembly and found a lightweight fuel filter inside the fuel pump assembly. It’s nothing like the filter on the 9-5 and most other cars but was surprisingly clean for 65k mile car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts