SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car lately has been making more and more noise. at first i tought it was just the powering steering, so i filled it up, but it got worse over time.

it sounds like when you jump on a old couch/matress that "Squeek squeek" sound. i hear that when i go over bumps, sometiems tiny pumps and it makes the sound. if infact its the shocks, does this mean i need new ones, or can i just lube them up?

thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
ive been having the same problems due to the wonderful boston roads, I think its time for the koni kit for me, I had someone in the back seat last week and the back tires rubbed the fenders, the guy could'nt be more than 160lbs, so I think they are pretty much cooked

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
If in fact it were the shocks, you'd replace them. But they usually don't squeak. That's probably a worn bushing or something. MAYBE the strut mount.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I would never replace the strut insert without changing the mount rubber and bearing as well, particularly on a Saab or a VW - maybe all of them..

Seems as if Saab is using softer springs and tighter "shocks" - better ride/handling, but the pieces will not last as before..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive been dealing with this too. Everytime I go over a bump I hear Squish Squish, like the shocks are blown. The ride is really horrible too, but no sqeaking just the squishing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you guys think its the struts? the only otherthing with my car is, the last time my machanic siad i needed a ball joint in one of the wheels, and needed to replace the whole control arm, could that be causing the sound as well.

and if its the struts like many say, would that cause my steering to groan as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts