SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I have read your reports for yonks with respect and admiration !!!
But what am I reading.. an olive green copy of a 2 door Ford Cortina with a shiny engine.... and you are lost....... ? Hey put the whisky t one side and wake up... Please dont leave us for a shiny lemon.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Its Kermit's Nissan :eek:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
DavidMorgan said:
Please dont leave us for a shiny lemon.
Looks more like a Lime to me....

(sorry)

I believe that is an Air filter, but not an INTAKE air filter. it is much too small. Probably for some sort of crankcase ventilation.

That is a cool looking car. But I would definately find a way to keep the SS for days that it is raining or that that Nissan is in a bad mood....

What a beautiful car though! Why dont you C900 people ever color code your Valve covers to the color of the car? :cool: Seems like a simple enough trick if you're already tricking out the car a bit...Looks real cool too!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thanks Eggs! Those are some nice looking cars! I really like the blue engine colored the same as teh door inserts, though it would be tough to see both at the same time!

I've never seen (for example) a green (exterior) SAAB with a Green Valve cover like that one, though... Or blue with blue, etc... I bet it would look cool.

If I ever (God Forbid) need to pull up the Valve cover again, perhaps I can find some silver and yellow heat resistant paint to color the cover and accentuate teh Viggen emblem (my car's silver)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I love those old ones. I think they can be considerably stealthy too. You know, like 14s, flat black paint, oh yeah, and maybe a supra engine or soemthing...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if you guys had the Datsun 510 over in Europe. It was a worthy competitor to the BMW 2002. It won the Trans-Am champonship in 1971, and also one 6 out of the 10 races in 1972. My family had a 72 510 wagon. I always loved that car. It finally took a crapper in 85. The 510 has a cult like following here in the US. A mint condition one can fetch upward of $10K or more.

This is a copy of the BRE 510 that raced in the Trans-Am series.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
And wasn't the Lada a derivative of a FIAT?
Yup. I grew up around more Ladas than Fiats so it was more of a Lada flashback for me though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts