SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just joined up last week thought id share this cars story. I was looking all over for a good manual and i landed on this 06 aero. Until i saw this car i never really looked into saabs that much, never caught my interest. Ive had just about any car you can think of i work on em sell em love em hate em, anyway im a car guy and i gotta say this is seriously my favorite car ever. Im imperssed with its handling and power delivey (ill get a tune soon for more boost) im usually all about RWD cars but with this aero it doesnt matter. Its just pure fun. I picked it up for 1100 dollars, it wouldnt start, needed all four tires, had a broken windsheild, the sunroof was stuck open and it was seriusley dirty inside, hid ballists were out, needed a water pump, really bad sun damage on hood trunk and roof (i sanded repainted them black myself, attached a pic of what it looked like beofre) and a new oil pan as the old one was cracked (not a fun job), oil pressure sensor(also not a fun job) and coolant overflow tank. I did it all myself took care from a to z flushed all fluids new plugs and coils, it wouldnt start because the ABS unit had gone out, i guess if thats out the car wont start (strange) i got lucky and my local junk yard had the same year and engine model there so the ABS from it worked ($80) new k&n air filter and air cabin filter as well gear oil, headlight restore i mean i really went all out on this thing it was fun restoring it. The best part is i was able to keep the total cost to about 2k. It even has a clean title. It came with a folder of service history and it has a rebuilt turbo, a new clutch, new flywheel, engine mounts, battery, brakes, gaskets. Etc. I also have replaced all 13 speakers with a mix of kicker and poineer pairs and it sounds fantastic running off the stock amps (for some reason the door spekers dont power up but its still sounds good so i guess im running 11 speakers lol) the old owners took it to multiple mechanics to sort out the starting issue and couldnt figure it out they thought it was a power drain issue and kept jumping it thinking the jump is why its staring but it was totally random on when it would decide to start so they gave up on it and apperantley had it listed for sale for two years! If i hadn't picked it up it would have been in the junkyard the next week. Im really glad i have this baby a chance ill be keeping it forever and thats saying alot ive had bmw 750i a s550 benz a ls430 lexus porsche cayenne even a fully built trans am plus many more
and like i said this 06 Aero is my favorite of all

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, great gif. Is it Diesel or Petrol engine ? I bou
ght this summer a Saab 9.3 convertible 2001 that I need to rebuild the engine, so job is in progress. Good Luck. N

1 - 5 of 5 Posts