SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont see those making it too much more restricitive on a t7 :) that is most likely what i am gonna try to do.. i just got a u bend with a real tight radius, so we will see what comes of this.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
ricot83 said:
i dont see those making it too much more restricitive on a t7 :) that is most likely what i am gonna try to do.. i just got a u bend with a real tight radius, so we will see what comes of this.
How low do you think you can get the pressure drop to sink before compressor?
With all the std components in place including std paper filter (viggen) the pressure drop is 0.1bar when you're running 420SCFM through the system.
All in all IMHO modification to the system with original or orig like turbo is a waste of time and money.

my 0.02

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noted. and taken into consideration., i may end up making a totally new inlet pipe actually... we will see what happens with this, all in all i am just thinking of a better way to get the filter farther away from the heat.

who knows i might just swiss cheese my airbox .. hahahah

·
Registered
180 Posts
torque

looking at the length of that intake , i mean im no engineer , but wouldnt that give it back its low down torque ?

you know when you lose that little bit of low down grunt when you fit an air inductor in place of the longer intake pipe ?

or am i talking a load of old pants ?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Interesting...probably something we have all thought about doing at one point or another, but someone actually went for it. That is a crazy bend, but probably larger ID than stock so flow shouldn't be much of a problem. This is not a forced air situation o the bend should not have any ill effects on the flow. The opening to outside air seems small. I like the heat shield idea around the filter though.

Off topic...Interesting car and interesting things he has done...Added either a 2.3 engine to the car or maybe just the valve cover from one.

Whats with the heat shield around strut brace? What is he trying to accomplish there? Looks cool, but not sure what that would be for.

I wonder what he did with his MAP sensor as well.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the heatshield must be for looks, as it has no positive effect, what it can do is hold more heat in.. hahah

ya jeff i dont see how it could b such a huge problem like people are saying, i mean i have seen intakes on some turbo cars that are like real long and there are no ill effects, and those intakes have nasty bends in em... lik worse than this.

plus since this bend is not a forced it cant be as bad as some people think... IF it were for a post-turbo pipe it would not be a good idea at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts