SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Although I'm not a fan of euro plates (in the US), I have to say I love the way it fills out the space the way it was intended to. The US plates really look out of place there. It does look sharp!

NH requires the front, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So does Maine, but several friends have Euro plates and the fuzz doesn't seem to hassle them... we'll see. ;)

And, no, the washer isn't twisted.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks VERY good. Dresses up the silver nicely.

I got the black Saab 'turbo' plate to fill in my front bumper, since NC doesn't require a front plate.

I also like that yours doesn't say anything. There someone in an Audi around here , TT I think, whose says something (can't remember, it pi$$ed me off when I saw it, because I don't like Euro plates on the front that say something, it was something inane like 'SLVRCOOL' or some such).

While I'm on the subject of Audi, I just have to say something. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of Audi folks border on 'rice' or 'fast n furious' ? For some reason, the Audi crowd around here are all that way (maybe it's an age thing as opposed to manufacturer).

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, can't say they are ricey around here. It's funny actually, because all of the VW/Audi guys go to a shop called Rennen in Portland, ME and they have REALLY set the standard in terms of what a VW or Audi shoud look like... so we don't get the rice. Instead, they all pretty much look the same (kamei grille, some form of meshed BBS wheels, H&R cup kits, unpainted factory european lips, Oettinger or Reiger kits, Techtonics exhaust... seriously, they're all identicle!).

On the topic of the license plate, I'm glad I went with numbers and not recognizable text. It looks better.

I bet you can't guess where the numbers came from though. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Automaggot said:
I bet you can't guess where the numbers came from though. ;)
Well, according to Vägverket (Swedish DMV) HBE239 is a blue 1999 Saab 9-3 2.3T (Viggen?) owned by Saab Automobile AB, Trollhättan, Sweden. It has not been on the road since December 18, 2002, though. See info from Vägverket's web site below.

I don't know your relation to this particular vehicle, though. Did it appear in any photos published by Saab?

From Vägverket:

Regnr: HBE239

Färg: LBLÅ

Fabrikat: SAAB 9-3 2,3T DX35G

Årsmodell: 1999

Fordonsslag: PB

Chassinummer: DP35G3X7025019

Upplysningar:

Ägare/Brukare

Namn: SAAB AUTOMOBILE AKTIEBOLAG

Adress:

Postnr: 461 80

Förvärvsdatum: 1998-12-21

Fordonsdata

Fordonsstatus: Avregistrerad (2002-12-18)

Antal ägare: 1

Datum för första reg.: 2000-04-19

Producentansvarig: 556258-8912

I trafik första gång: 2000-05-09

Yrkesmässig trafik:

Fordonet tillverkat: 1998-11

Direktimport: Nej

Utredning: Nej

Tillfällig registrering: Nej

1 - 12 of 12 Posts