SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
I don't know if off-white ventilated seats in a 2008 are similar to ones in 2002-2005 cars, but I can tell you that they are going to be scarce. You can try the usual places like Goldwing. Or perhaps Mimmi can scare up a set. :cool:

·
Registered
14,244 Posts
I can not.
L27 trim colored part is NLS. If L25 suits, it is available in Sweden.
L27 and L25 difference is perforation.
2006-> "off-white" leather is like ivory in color. 1998-2005 is tan.

·
Registered
2003 9-5 TD04 Wagon 5MT
199 Posts
I'm currently having some vented seats reupholstered with covers I bought from LSeat.com. the covers seemed to be pretty nice quality, and the upholstery guy seemed happy with them when he took a look at them. I'll probably make a post about the whole process when I'm done. That being said, they probably wouldn't match the OEM leather exactly, so if you want that specifically, then you'll definitely need to find something used.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
If you're interested in a cheaper solution, I just had really good results painting my driver's side seat cushion with leather paint that I bought on eBay for around $30 USD. And get this -- you use Pledge furniture spray to get the sheen back. It works really well. I can send you the link if you're interested in trying that route.

I have a 2006 Saab 9-5 with the white/cream/ivory/off white seat color. I think the official Saab word for this color is parchment. It's a very light gray, although I have never been able to see it as gray unless the seats are super dirty.

Edit: Sorry - I just reread your original post and I see that your leather has the vent holes. I am not sure if painting that would clog the holes. My leather is the non-vented variety.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm interested in the link, b/c I'm starting to get finish wear on my driver's seat. It's only noticeable when I apply leatherique, because the finish coat is actually the same color as the underlying leather, so it doesn't look bad to the naked eye, but I would prefer to have a proper coating on top of it for protection.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Funny story @cleeland - in my garage I have a bottle of "Coil Clean" that I use both on my home's a/c unit and also to clean the radiators of my vehicles from time to time. Well, the Coil Clean bottle happened to look exactly like the bottle of leather cleaner I had at the time. You can probably see where this is going. I sprayed my seat to clean it one time and thought, "That doesn't smell like leather cleaner."

Yep, I had sprayed Coil Clean all over the seat. So it ruined the leather finish in a couple places. I've lived with it for a while, but it has been bugging me. I didn't feel like shelling out hundreds for a new seat or seat cover. Figured I would try this, and I could always go the more expensive route if I didn't like the results. But it has turned out better than expected.

Helpful tip: Don't bother just trying to touch up a spot here or there. Just paint the whole seat bottom. The paint I linked to above is a perfect match, but the seat will be dirty/darker from years of grime. So it won't blend perfectly if you just touch up a couple spots.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
@cleeland here is how the driver side seat cushion looks as of yesterday with three coats. I’m still working on the overall sheen. I’m not sure if I want to put clear coat on it or not--I don’t want it being too shiny. You can see my handiwork isn't perfect; there are spots where I got too much paint in the seams. But I call it "good enough" and definitely much improved over how it looked before.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Unfortunately I didn’t take a before photo. The photo below of my driver seat has to be at least 2-3 years old, and it had gotten even worse since then. Also the color is kind of “off” in this one…but you get the idea.

Rectangle Grey Tints and shades Automotive design Automotive exterior

For $30 — I’m more than happy with how it turned out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts