SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, my wifes brother has a 96 saab 6cyl non turbo is 5speed
and the timing went.

i was looking at the classifieds on here and they do not seem to be used frequently.

any advice on a good place to list it part by part rather than ebay?

any other saab forums i stumbeled across this in google

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I assume you mean the timing belt went out, and you are rebuilding it? You need a copy of the Saab EPC CD (e-bay, $10), with the diagrams and part numbers, to start. www.saabsite.com, and www.eeuroparts.com have some of the parts you will need, but w/o drawings and part numbers, you have a lot of detective work ahead of you... I would check www.car-part.com for used heads.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Sounds like he wants to flat out part it out.

Ebay would actually be your best bet. Sure to get better prices that way.
You can also checkout Saablink.net.
They have a forum for parting out cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but with the motorshot is it worth much is there a high demand for parts for saabs?

and thanks for the links and opinions on this topic.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I think there's a pretty good demand on ebay, even for things that are easy to take out. Switches, interiors, wheels etc seem to go for a lot.

Of course it depends on how much time you want to spend taking out little bits and mailing to people. Do an ebay search on SAAB 900 and take a look at how much a leather seat, wheels, or an SID can fetch. Of course there is some effort involved in getting these parts off and shipping them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It can be re-built for the price of a set of new valves and a few gaskets - not that hard a job!!!!!!!

veeew said:
alright, my wifes brother has a 96 saab 6cyl non turbo is 5speed
and the timing went.

i was looking at the classifieds on here and they do not seem to be used frequently.

any advice on a good place to list it part by part rather than ebay?

any other saab forums i stumbeled across this in google

1 - 7 of 7 Posts