SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my 2005 Saab 9-3 to get new tires and alignment done, however the guy said he wouldn't do the alignment because it needs all these parts

• Drivers side axel
    Cool springs
    Control arm, front driver side
    Front struts
    Sway bar link
    Sway bar bushings

What parts are the ones I should get so that I have everything I need before taking it back to the mechanic? He was going to charge way too much for parts so I have been looking at eeuroparts.com but I'm not sure if I have everything I need.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,468 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These aftermarket controls arms are decent quality.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/Saab/9-3/front-control-arms/AM-3292415127/327674.html?gclid=CLjhip7KtsECFUgA7AodeFkAqA

I have them on my car for about 2 years no issues.

Also check rockauto.com for parts. When doing the struts get OEM strut bearings or equivalent made by same manufacturer. Replace both strut mounts and bearings when doing struts, many threads on this.
Yeah we were going to replace them both at the same time while the car is apart. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Before you carry an armload of parts in for the mechanic, talk with him and confirm that he will install them for you. Let's face it, mechanics need to make some money on parts as well as labor, and he may say no. If he does install them, you can b pretty confident that he won't warranty anything - and I wouldn't either. When you provide your parts, they're installed at your risk.

I have done this in the past and actually had the mechanic charge me about 10% additional on the parts I provided so that he made some profit on them. It still cost me a lot less then his source would have cost. But I did not get any parts warranty. Fair enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts