SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing on here and found that there is piece of equipment called ELM327 that will plug into the data port on my 2001 Aero (U.S) that then runs a USB cable to my laptop. I found some on Amazon and it comes with the below software:

Free software: Scantool.net, GM Mode 22 Scan Tool by Terry, OBD Gauge for PalmOS and Pocket PC by Dana Peters, OBD Logger by Jonathan Senkerik, OBD-II ScanMaster by Wladimir Gurskij (ScanMaster 3.52 - local copy), obd2crazy.com, OBD2 Scantool by Ivan Andrewjeski, OBDII for ELM322 by David Huffman, pyOBD by Donour Sizemore for MacOSX and Linux, RDDTC by Pete Calinski, Real Scan by Brent Harris, ScanTest for Pocket PC by Ivan Ganev aka a-ser, wOBD by WDT.

Has anyone used this to tell pending codes. I searched on here and it looks like mostly folks in the UK use the ELM stuff.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just ordered the model that does Bluetooth, so I'll be running Torque on my smartphone.
If you don't have an android phone, you could pick up an older one on craigslist (or ebay) for $50 that will run Torque for you, and as long as you don't want to make calls, you wont need a data plan, just connect it with wifi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the bluetooth version of the Elmes reader all the time on my '99 9-5. I don't necessarily trust all of the different measurements it takes (boost, coolaant temp, etc) but it works great for reading and clearing codes. Mine came with all of those programs but I've never used any of them, I run mine on Torque also.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
When you add the car specs; and the additional PID's the stats are accurate.

I use the bluetooth version of the Elmes reader all the time on my '99 9-5. I don't necessarily trust all of the different measurements it takes (boost, coolaant temp, etc) but it works great for reading and clearing codes. Mine came with all of those programs but I've never used any of them, I run mine on Torque also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts