SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I know this has appeared before on these here forums, but can anyone point me in the direction of vendor(s) who can supply modern alloy wheel / tyre combinations for my '90 900i?

Some say that Ford-spec wheels will work with the proper offset, etc. Just on a whim I went into Halfords and they came back saying that no wheels (that they carry at least) would fit the Saab. Thoughts?

Thanks

PS - and, yes, I'll keep the originals safe and sound!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Oh dear, going to Halfrauds and expecting sensible advice :D :D.

You are correct Ford fitment wheels will go straight on (my car has been running Ford fitment rims for the last 5 or so years). If looking for a 7" wide rim then you need something with around a 35mm offset.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alex said:
Oh dear, going to Halfrauds and expecting sensible advice :D :D.

You are correct Ford fitment wheels will go straight on (my car has been running Ford fitment rims for the last 5 or so years). If looking for a 7" wide rim then you need something with around a 35mm offset.
So . . . if I find a wheel I like (Ford fitment, 4 lug, 17" x 7", 35mm offset), would this be enough information for a shop to order them for me? Or am I missing some other key bits?

Alex - where did you buy your wheels?

Ta!

·
Registered
112 Posts
rims

"motegi" universal lugg
rims fits all for all :cool:
so have a blast dude:D i have motegi FF-5 rims for my saab 18x7 inches they look rather nice! and the other thing i have to say just go to less schwab tiers they'll hook you up good......but if you just looking for saab aloys listen to these other guys ;)

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
crispy said:
So . . . if I find a wheel I like (Ford fitment, 4 lug, 17" x 7", 35mm offset), would this be enough information for a shop to order them for me? Or am I missing some other key bits?

Alex - where did you buy your wheels?

Ta!
Yup, that is enough information, all you then have to decide on is the style. I bought my wheels from Protyre.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alex said:
Yup, that is enough information, all you then have to decide on is the style. I bought my wheels from Protyre.
Alex,

What about the center hole? saab is 65,1 mm, do ford wheels fit straight on? Or do you need spacers/machining the wheels?

turboDE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts