SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just took my 900 back to the dealer so they can re latch the top, aparently they tried to open it, it opend half way then they strugled to get it to close and it wouldnt latch in the back. so I took it back in, the tech forced the latches closed, unpluged them and the motor and put a bolt through the arm so it wont come undone. He said the motor works but their is somthing wrong with the transmission and that it will bairly move. i know nothing about convertables so any sugestions
thanks

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
There is a reinforcement kit for gear-driven tops like yours. It's part number 4613519 and is around $10. However, if the main gears are already stripped, it can be much more expensive.

Where did you take it? There are at least two Independant Saab shops in Columbus. One is just south of downtown and the other is on 315 just north of OSU... Ron

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it from a hummer dealership at 161 and riverside, they said I could bring it back and they would get it to latch for free since it wasnt latched when I bought it and their tech said the transmission was bad for the top

1 - 3 of 3 Posts