SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cut the fleet of Saab's down to 2, the 9000 cc and the 9000 V6, now ok, i have gained my drives back and the better half is happy but, and there is always a but, the money for the sold cars is sitting on the shelf next to my computer looking a bit lost, so what do i do, end up looking at a 900 V6 and, wait for it,,,,, a volvo 960 3.0, this morning.
Then i sat for 10 min in the car having an attack of conscience, do i need them, don't i need them, could i face the look of thunder on her face when i turned up with another car/car's
(you know the look ,Saul), so i ended up tossing a coin to see if i was going to buy them!.
Why is it you are never happy with the cars you have, is it a disease, i mean i actually liked the 960,,,, i mean 3.0 engine, electric everything, auto gear box, years mot, leather, o wait so does the 9000 V6, so why do i feel the need to buy another car, anyway i am rambling now, so i will go now to head butt a wall somewhere to try to knock some sense into my head, before the wife does it for me.
Ramble over.

·
Registered
593 Posts
resist the dark side ...luke

feel the force

of course you need more cars but not....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry George ;oops:, but it was nice to drive and it made a change to drive a rear wheel drive car again, very benign handling and the LSD on them is very progressive, just something that was a change from the V6, i would go for a FPT auto again but i still don't think the 4cyl is as well suited to the auto as the V6, the lag and the auto do not go to well together, i am going to look at a LS400 at the weekend, so we will see.

·
Registered
593 Posts
LS 400....:eek:

If it is white/gold
you could always do the odd wedding ....:lol:

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
You could buy something older that you can tinker with and improve.

That could keep you interested and busy... You might still get bored with it but it should take a lot longer and in the meanwhile it will have kept you off the streets ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Buy another Saab and store it at my house! The wife need never know (as long as you pay me to keep it quiet!)

·
12,576 Posts
Why not test drive the lot of 'em, whilst you're at it have a look at the Omega MV6, that'll be the engine in the 9000 put to use RWD, they're getting cheap enough now; funnily enough it was looking for an Omega 2.5 estate that led me to Saab...

bloody Vauxhalls :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It just withdrawal symptoms, there were 7 + the merc at one point :cheesy: . Nothing wrong with the LS400, suits my age, and there's a thought, weddings, might be a nice sideline.:D Ragtopcav, funnily enough i have 4 Omega's in my watch list on ebay just now.:lol: .

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
ragtopcav said:
Is this one of them? bit of a beast, I'd love that as a manual please.
I think we have those cars here in the US, left hand drive of course. Is that car in the US the Cadillac Catera? I know the Catera has a rear-wheel drive 3.0 V-6 and an automatic transmission, and the VIN starts with "W", which if memory serves is the starting character for cars built in Germany.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
SAABotaged900S said:
I think we have those cars here in the US, left hand drive of course. Is that car in the US the Cadillac Catera? I know the Catera has a rear-wheel drive 3.0 V-6 and an automatic transmission, and the VIN starts with "W", which if memory serves is the starting character for cars built in Germany.
Yep, Caddy Catera = Opel Omega (which is the LHD version of the Vauxall Omega :D )

I didn't know Cateras were built in Germany though, this meand they started producing Caddys in Europe long before rumors about Cadillacs in Trollhattan started :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's the new shifts i am on now, 14 days work and 16 days off a month, 16 days off to look at Ebay, adtrader, auto trader, it's shear hell :cheesy: , to make matters worse I've got a £800 tax rebate to get rid off, o well, back to Ebay.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts