SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The hard part isn't the axle/spindle swap. You can use existing CV joints, front brake lines, ball joints if you can separate them without ruining them, ad spring links and torque arms in the rear. If I were doing it, I'd buy new ball joints. I'd say the hard part is all the cable routing, anchoring in the center console (Maybe you have to weld?), and the possible need to fabricate new brake lines on the rear axle.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I work at a Saab specialty shop with access to all the tools I need, but me and my boss decided it wouldn't be worth the trouble on my car, as much as I would love to have the wheels and rear handbrake. At this point I am not sure if I want to keep them or sell them for a set that actually fit my car. I would trade for a set of BBS wheels on a car out back, but I am afraid of what would happen to them. We currently use a legit Ronal Turbo Wheel as a Metal Stand. The other three are hidden away somewhere.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I love free stuff too and i have an 88 so save yourself the trouble and send them to me ;ol;:cheesy::cheesy: hahaha

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would totally take you up on that, except i am a broke college kid with two jobs trying to fund my obsessions of Cars and electronics... of which i am at the losing end... If something happens and i can get rid of them I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will take ANY free good advice.

In need of a main fuel supply line for my 1979 saab 99-GL that goes from the in tank fuel pump along the drivers side kick panel to the engine is approximate 4 ft in length and is a high pressure plastic main fuel supply line. Anyone willing to help me out with this in any way, shape or form, would be way too cool and be greatly appreciated no doubt!! If not check out my garage and pick this gem up cheap! all is needed is the fuel line. Car is completely redone.

Regards,
Michael.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Is that your gorgeous GL for sale on CL? Can't be too many 99s in Turlock!

Finding that pipe is going to be problematic - I'd start with the bigger wreckers like Goldwing or East of Sweden.

Failing that, you *can* replicate the plastic pipe - you can get bulk pipe from various internet sources, "mandrel springs" to help form it, and reuse the existing fittings. Alternatively, you could probably execute something similar using a combination of steel and synthetic rubber hose - do the main haul in steel, then short rubber "couples" at the end with banjo fittings. It's also possible that something could be approximated with early c900 parts - I think that short high pressure hose (between pump and accumulator?) is very similar between 99 and 900... it might be close enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts