SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Timing my engine stressed me out SO much when I did my first head gasket earlier this year on my 9000 Aero... I took a whole afternoon to do it... rotated the engine manually over and over until I was sure I had it right... when I fired it up, it barely ran and I was sure I had screwed it up, but after a half hour of idling it was fine... then, about a month later, I was helping a buddy do the head gasket on his '90 C900 'vert, and I forgot to torque the head bolts down properly, and was trying to time the engine without the head toruqed down to the right place! I was so frustrated and worried something was terribly broken... then I finally remembered, after over a day of trying... argh, I didn't torque the head bolts! After that it timed quite easily... but it's easy to make lots of little mistakes like this which turn into huge problems when you're first starting out attempting significant engine work by yourself!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.