SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know many people use this forum because they have problems with thier car. Sometimes you can get the impression that the 9-5 comes with a whole host of niggly problems. Well I dont recon they are any worse than any other car of its class. Having owned many cars over the years, I find that I get bored with a car after about 8 month I must say that having had my 9-5 for a year I get a huge buzz every time I get into my Saab. The power, comfort, ride quality, finish and reliability is awsome..

I JUST LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Thankyou Saab. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Finn you kinda read my mind here, well almost ;)

I have owned so many cars and never had one over a year before, however this car has been with me for over two years now (well parts of it have) and every upgrade brings a wider smile :)

I wont be selling for three reasons:

1. What could replace this vehicle and beat its current spec at a reasonable price?
2. It owes me about half a million quid!
3. According to autotrader its worth about 15p

But I do love it too :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmm...love huh? Well, I am very, very happy with my purchase, too.

There are too many stereo-types driving German cars which are okay if you buy the top-end stuff. How thick is your wallet? Asian cars are just too ****ing small! Don't even mention French automobiles, Ugghuuggghh.
And Americans....they have no character. Technically wow, aesthetically boring!

Being realistic I will never buy the best there is in this life. So I will have to go for seconds and Saab comes very close for me.:lol:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I was late today so I was driving like the gates of hell had opened up behind me. This was the first time I'd driven fast in a while and the first time I've really pushed the car. All I can say is woooooow. This car is so easy to drive, the tires squeel when you're getting close to limit and understeer if you push to hard. No sideways drama, no counter steering, just grip and a crap load of power. And the steering feedback is nothing short of amazing, it's like running your hands along the road. You know exactly what the front wheels are doing, which makes it all the easier to feed in the tire shredding power. I can see that the stock aero suspension needs a little tweaking, but over all it's fantastic. If I could just get some grip from a stand still it'd be perfect. And I made it just barely on time, but smelling of burnt clutch and rubber.

Then on the way back I drove at the speed limit, seeing how I had used up my anti-police luck on the way there. And it's comfortable, quiet, subdued. It gave no hints that a short while ago it was entering corners at very naughty speeds. The climate control is great, the stereo is perfect, the seats sooth you and if the day is nice you can roll down the windows and not go deaf. I took a detour just because I was enjoying the ride so much.

And reliability is about as good as it gets on a modern electronic car. Most of the time it's great, but once in a while some stupid sensor breaks and causes you a world pain. In my case it was the crank position sensor.

I love this car!!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raven18940 said:
If I could just get some grip from a stand still it'd be perfect.
LSD required (not the drug :roll: ) Thats gonna be my next mod :cheesy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Raven18940 said:
And reliability is about as good as it gets on a modern electronic car. Most of the time it's great, but once in a while some stupid sensor breaks and causes you a world pain. In my case it was the crank position sensor.
That damn CRANK POSITION SENSOR again!

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Pat said:
That damn CRANK POSITION SENSOR again!
hmmmmmmmm, I just remembered I still have the faulty one. I think I'll go hit it with a sledge hammer. :cheesy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love mine, too. 00 9-5 2.3lpt, 5 speed.

Just had a whopper of a service bill, including some tires, oil change, fixing the power window that dropped into the door, the busted rear center armrest, but I still love it.

I agree about the steering, feels great. Mine just needs a set of stiffer shocks and springs, and the BSR ecu upgrade. When there is some extra money laying around...

I get 28-29 mpg on my commute, and have a blast the whole way. The turbo boost out of country road corners is addicting.

JAS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts