SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I mentioned car was a bit flat in the throttle and I hadnt got a chance to check it out with all the other work. I picked up some plugs today.
see pic below.
I just had to show someone that would understand. Cant believe it ran.
The dot at the tip of the old plug is a shadow, sorry, the gap looks about 1.6mm and there is almost nothing left of the center electrode. All 4 were like this.
Needless to say it is sooo much better with the new BCP7res copper plugs. I dont think these plugs had ever been changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
The "bad" plug electrode looks like a normal platinum to me....they are tiny!

That's what I was going to say. The gap is big, though.

Putting in new plugs seems to be a hobby of mine for this car. I get the good NGKs but after 10k-20k, the car will start missing and a new set cures that.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
That's rich as **** though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's rich as **** though.

I will finally get to drive it more than 50 yards once I change the vacuum seals and take it in for rego (MOT). Its mostly been idling. The inspection shop is 40km away from where I live. Hopefully it will sort itself a bit on the longer trip.

The "bad" plug electrode looks like a normal platinum to me....they are tiny!
You could be right, I dont remember the platinums I took from the B207L having centre electrode this small though. The gap was a little crazy though, I couldnt find my good gap tool to measure it. The new copper units look about 0.9-1.0mm which sounds better to me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts