SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says i hit a deer in my 06 aero sedan. the hood crumpled and wont come off. the cable is snapped and I've already taken the hood latch off. is there a secondary latch i'm missing or do you guys just think its jammed. and on another note do you guys think that its worth trying to fix myself or should i just scrap it. all help would be great

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pics would be great and sorry to hear. These deer in Michigan are wild too. Not sure where your located but their always crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
As the title says i hit a deer in my 06 aero sedan. the hood crumpled and wont come off. the cable is snapped and I've already taken the hood latch off. is there a secondary latch i'm missing or do you guys just think its jammed. and on another note do you guys think that its worth trying to fix myself or should i just scrap it. all help would be great
I'm glad you're OK. I'm also glad it wasn't an elk or moose, even though Saabs are moose-tested. (y)

Man, that's bent up tightly. The hood is toast, so it's cutting time for the hood latch pin unless you can unbolt it from the cutout you already have in the hood.

New plastic parts, fender, and hood will be spendy. If nothing else is wrong, junkyard parts and a repaint (needed anyway, body parts come unpainted) might be worth it. Insurance would total it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts