SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you got one, do you notice any difference in MPG's in the different modes manual shift - auto and sport auto?

I know it is a silly question but I ask anyway :lol: Can you change from auto to M+ whilst in speed and vice versus? Or do you have to come to a standstill before shifting it over?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ASCIO said:
If you got one, do you notice any difference in MPG's in the different modes manual shift - auto and sport auto?

I know it is a silly question but I ask anyway :lol: Can you change from auto to M+ whilst in speed and vice versus? Or do you have to come to a standstill before shifting it over?
I have to say, on the daily commute the 'S' mode rarely gets used, if at all, so I can't make any commemt of the effects on the mpg.

You don't have to stop to put into 'M', just move the lever down at any time, the gearbox will just stay in whatever gear it is in at the time of moving the lever. You will see the dash light change to M and the number will light up showing what gear you are in.

When you want to just move the lever back into the 'D' position at any time to revert back to full auto mode.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, sounds good. Rarely use the S button since it tend to be wild and noisy... - I don't like the noise, maybe I should change the exhaust. I love the paddle shift :D. But I guess if you are in London like yourself, auto is the easier way to go.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ASCIO said:
Rarely use the S button since it tend to be wild and noisy... - I don't like the noise, maybe I should change the exchaust.
The noise is predominately engine rather than exhaust so changing the exhaust won't make any difference, other than making it noisier, albeit a different type of noise:roll:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cry: there goes my silent drive. The 'S' button, does it add a sporty sound too? Mine seem to do that... a bit silly hence I drive it in M+ or auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts