SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it all started when i bought this 03 saab 9-5 V6. well now the issue is i got the P0134 code, ok simple J16 problem right?? wrong! well first i removed the connection to the ECU, i cleaned with LPS elctro contact cleaner and compressed air, i did the same to the o2 sensor connection, i put dielectric grease on the o2 connection and ecu and put it together. i start the car and it dident take too long to get another check engine light. now it was P0131 when i moniter the bank 1 sensor 1 o2, i start the car from 0.455 volts it slowly starts dropping till it hits zero, this is supposed to alternate. i took it all back apart and cleaned all the grease and still same thing, i check the resistance from blue wire pin 58 on ecu connection to pin 3 on o2 and its zero, i decide to solder the J16 and i did and still same code and zero volts on the o2 sensor when its idling. i have another old o2 sensor from the 01 saab 9-5 v6 and its doing the same to that one, even though it shows zero volts i can feel the heater on the o2 working. i striped a little insulation from the spare o2 on wire 3 and i connected it direct to the battery and got some voltage on the o2 which is great! but i also tried connecting it to pin 3 on the other o2 and i get nothing, now that really confuses me considering bank1 sensor 2 works fine. anybody can please shed some light on this, im stumped, i need to take this thing for smog inspection. thanks guys i will be looking in the WIS waiting for a reply

·
Registered
869 Posts
OK, one thing I have always been told is to NEVER put dielectric grease in an O2 connector. The reason is the the sensor gets sniffs "clean" air thru the connection. If the connector is filled with dielectric grease the sensor cannot sniff clean air and this will cause issues. I have never researched this to confirm this so you may want to check that out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i also saw that in the WIS too, after that i cleaned everything up and hoped for the best. but still nothing. only thing that is left is to replace the o2 with a new one. i may just get a new one to rule out the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had the J16 problem and before I sorted it out I tried 2 new 02 sensors. I still have one that has less than 1,000 miles on it if you want it. IT is a saab OEM from the dealer with the saab connector etc. I paid north of $200 for it I believe. Make me an offer. If you want to try it and see if it fixes your problem and are willing to pay for shipping and give me deposit I will send it to you. If it doesn't work we can work something out.

PM me if interested

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you 8pack, i will let you know via pm. im going to try the WIS walkthrough for testing the o2 connections

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok just ran the WIS test for testing readings and its telling me the sensor is bad. i may just go get an aftermarket bosch o2 for now but im still interested in your sensor 8pack. i would prefer the original o2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i just verified its the o2. i got the spare o2 and grounded it to the valve cover, then i got a napkin and soaked it in brake cleaner spray, i connected it and started the car and voltage immediately went up :cheesy: so there is my problem. thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts