SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm learning to love my 99 2.3, this oil dipstick is a joke....how are we supposed to read the level when you can't see the oil on it? Has anyone used another dipstick? Or am I being a dipstick (American vernacular)?

2nd, on my 9000 the sun sensor tells the dash lights to come on when it gets dark or when starting in the dark. My 9-5 doesn't do this...should it?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The oil and auto tranny dipsticks are a real PITA to read, most of us have the same problem trying to get an accurate reading. :evil:

The dome sensor measures...................wait for it......................solar intensity, azimuth and height! These values are used to calculate the temperature at head height for the front seat occupants. The ACC system adjusts the settings accordingly in conjunction with the other temp sensors in the cabin area.

Bet you wished you hadn't asked now! :cheesy:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sun Sensor

Sounds like it was probably designed by NASA...but is it supposed to control the lights like on a 9000?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The interior lights will only come on if the DRL's or the headlights are on. If that checks out, try turning up the lighting dial to the right of the headlight switch. ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Josdek,
Some folks have painted the end of their dipsticks with high temp white paint. Pics are knocking about somewhere around this place.

I didn't fancy the paint on mine so I've scored a horizontal line into it.

Blixxy,
What sort a fellas do you hang out with? :confused: :eek:

G

·
Gazolzwurf said:
oh c'mon it totally looks like one. compared to other dipsticks i've checked, that is the williest of the bunch.

and i'm not being facetious. you have to admit there's a resemblance. it's like saab didn't have to make one like that, but for whatever reason decided to.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I won't comment on the sideshow going on here! But the white paint is an interesting idea, I'd be curious to know how he got it to stick to the plastic. Really would like to avoid depositing paint into my oil...

SectorNine50, thanks, the dash lights work fine with the headlights, I really liked the feature on the 9000 where if you were in a parking garage or it was night time as soon as you turned the key on it knew to turn on the dash lights. Thought the 9-5 would have it too, guess not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts