SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a question about my new used td-04 that comes in today is it possible to run the turbo w.o flashing the ecu?? or do i have to reflash the ecu when i drop the new turbo in ? i dont have the cash to pay someone to tune my ecu atm not for another week or 2 and i was just wondering if it would be fine till then

·
Registered
154 Posts
i had a question about my new used td-04 that comes in today is it possible to run the turbo w.o flashing the ecu?? or do i have to reflash the ecu when i drop the new turbo in ? i dont have the cash to pay someone to tune my ecu atm not for another week or 2 and i was just wondering if it would be fine till then
I just popped in a TD-04 15T 2 days ago whilst waiting for my JZW Stage 4 ECU.

Mine's a 2.3 lpt and it works good, no problem at all.

One drawback though - using more fuel . . . . must be the heavier right foot with the TD-04 in there . . . but it does feel livlier.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I ran a TD-04 for weeks before getting a tune, you'll barely notice a difference

·
Registered
399 Posts
you'll barely notice a difference

Barely notice a difference due to the ECU limiting boost?

I just got done putting in an Aero engine into my LPT and it feels nearly the same as the old LPT, but with more consistent torque/boost up through the RPM's. I'm hoping for a stop to the stealership today to get mine swapped out with the donor Aero's ECU :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.