SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,984 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The search function is pitiful, or I am stupid. I can't figure out how to search for a phrase by a person. I've also tried unsuccessfully to find all posts or all threads started by a member and wasn't able to determine that as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not that great with computers unless there attached to a motor and chassis.lol So I've been struggling just to figure out the new system .I do find it funny not in a ha ha way when reading a thread and then hit an add .I won't complain for what I get to use for free.ill just have to take some advice and change browsers.thanks for the tips guys.

·
Registered
16,855 Posts
Is there some way to see what Saab(s) a user owns? It's not displayed in the profile per post in the new forum... but I can't even find any way to access it by clicking a link. It was a feature when answering tech questions.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't mind the adverts on the side... the ones streamed into the reply section are annoying as they (intentionally) appear to be replies.
Pretty sure I know the answer, but I’m hopeful there is a way.

Can the ads with-in the replies be hidden? The more I read through the messages the more annoying they get

It would be nice to hide the stickies at the start of the forums. Something that was there prior to upgrade. Haven’t figured out if there is a way.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I love the overall modern look but yea... the ads are heavy handed. The inline ones are easily the worst idea for ads I've ever seen. Ever.
That seriously needs to be removed. Now.
I first popped in here and assumed those were showing because I hadn't logged in. Logged in and they were still there. That's the kind of thing I'd stop visiting a site over.
Yea, yea adblocker adblocker bla bla bla. I'm an IT Professional and fully aware of all my ad blocking options. I am that rare tech savvy individual that doesn't dick around with ad blockers. I speak with my traffic. I want to know who the ad heavy sites are so I can simply stop visiting them. I don't patronize crappy sites under any circumstance.
This is easily a big part of why Reddit is killing forums.
"I'll block your ads!!!" No ... eff that... I will stop visiting your site and find something else not as annoying.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts