SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ads? Are you guys new to the internet? Install something like uBlock in your browser!

I guess it's nice to have themes but "Dark mode"is really not good to use - it's much harder to read white text on black, not to mention bad for your eyes. /interface designer

·
Super Moderator
1,389 Posts
Holy ads batman. There are a ton of them, and they are annoying.
Weird, I literally have zero ads!?! I’m running Brave for a browser, so maybe that’s it.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Wow didn't expect such a major site layout change from just a few days ago.... Never saw a notification about it but there probably wa something... This site isn't independent though and since it lost it's independence we're bombarded with ads, and stuff of no relevance to Saab enthusiasts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the older forums were much easier to read and search. I've yet to see if theres adjustments to font or size, dark mode was no better. I haven't tried too hard on my searches either - but didn't see "search this forum" - just the box that searches the whole site. I used to visit everyday, kind of bypassing this place lately. I'm a PC user, this is most likely optimized for mobile phones.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You know I think the Saab on the header of this forum is the same car pictured on the cover of my owners manual.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I preferred the previous forum design, it was much more compact in listing threads (and posts within a thread). this made it easier to find information in a page listing forum post headers, and follow discussions inside a thread.

the main problems i see with this newer design :
  • the pretty modern design isnt suitable for effectively listing forum posts with technical information
  • fonts are to large, and the larger avatars graphics and unnecessarily large post buttons waste lots of screen space
  • posts should be more compact on screen easier to read (like they were before).. for ex on the left side of the posted msg on your screen all you really need is the poster name, then their text msg posted below it (filling the screen however wide you have expanded your browser window on your monitor ), and the least important information about the poster (eg joining year, model saab owned etc) should be where it doesnt clutter reading the forum post text content (that additional information used to be on the right side of the forum post, in a small font)
  • the page layout method wastes a lot a lot of the screen space and seems set for old 600 x 800 resolution monitors
  • the text you are looking for in the poster's message barely covers 25 % of my monitor horizontal screen space (27' monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution) , even when my browser is set to full screen ! (previously with the old forum software it would cover the full screen horizontally)
the new design looks pretty , just not suitable for a forum intended to be user friendly to exchange technical information and follow discussions

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
It's amazing how they can cram in half the information per new forum page.
A forum page used to show:
Notifications
Name of the last poster
Names of members signed in
Number of non-members signed in
More threads per page

What will progress bring us next?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
24 Participants
shaggy
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing