SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

Haven't been here in a while. After poor luck with a '99 9-3 I left the Saab ranks. I'm looking again at Saab. (Why? Why?):cheesy: My Scion is way, way too boring and it isn't getting the promised mileage.

I'm looking at an '04 9-3ss linear with 31k on the clock. While I know more about the '99 9-3 than I'd care to know, I don't know much about this car. Are there expensive, common quirks? I also can't find a maintenance schedule anywhere...anyone with a lead? I'm wondering what the 25k maintenance consists of...

Thanks for your help...in my prior experience, this site has saved me $100's of dollars in what would have been chasing the wrong problem.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
At 25K, at most it'll be a tire rotation (every 10K) and an oil change (interval varies based on oil life monitor). You must use GM-LL-A-025 approved oil, of which Mobil 1 0W40 is one.

At 30K, the air filter (passenger cabin and engine) should be replaced.

The sparkplugs and drive belt replacement are 60K service items, as I recall.

The coolant is supposedly fill-for-life. I think I'll change it every 4-5 years, since it's Dex-Cool.

Saab wants the brakes bled every 4 years.

I think the automatic transmission fluid service is a 60K item. I don't have a slushbox on mine so I don't know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts