SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my clone with V146 & another Card with Holden (look it up) on it. I have 04 9-3 & 02 9-5 so 146 all good.
I went to replace my 146 with 44 for a friends 9000, using Tech2 card writer. Unfortunately during the process my laptop crashed/froze so I now have this card with nothing on it, and it won't boot up the Tech2 so I can rewrite it.
Luckily I sacrificed the Holden card & wrote 148 to it, and I have a functioning unit.
My question - is there I way I can rewrite the 44 to my gbricked card considering that the Tech2 won't even start to enter screen, download screen etc (& laptop can't communicate with it)?
Last resort is a hard to find laptop with PCMCIA slot (& harder to find MCE software - found RICOH on here but isn't the non-RICOH required?
Cheers

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Sounds like you're using tech2cardwriter to rewrite the flash?

Try booting with a good card, then replacing it with the bad card and starting the write. Once Tech 2 is started, it doesn't really need the card until you go to certain operations, so it's reasonably safe to remove it just to write another.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get a laptop with the card slot and use the elan (pretty sure that’s what it’s called) tool to write directly to the card with the.bin It’s 100x faster than writing through the tech 2. I use it all the time to swap between Saab 148 an GM NAO 33

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you're using tech2cardwriter to rewrite the flash?

Try booting with a good card, then replacing it with the bad card and starting the write. Once Tech 2 is started, it doesn't really need the card until you go to certain operations, so it's reasonably safe to remove it just to write another.
Thanks for assistance. Tried that, and tried shifting between slots. Trouble is when the "bricked" card is active I cannot get communication between the Tech2 & TIS. Tried a few options with ports etc, but as soon as I switch to this card it's gone, therefore can do no downloading. It';s got me stumped, however at least I have V146 on one card and tool is working fine. I swapped it back and forth with V44 & managed to kill the SRS light on the 9K in question so all good. Cheers anyway.

Get a laptop with the card slot and use the elan (pretty sure that’s what it’s called) tool to write directly to the card with the.bin It’s 100x faster than writing through the tech 2. I use it all the time to swap between Saab 148 an GM NAO 33
Yeah - easier said than done to get hold of a laptop with PCMCIA slot these days but working on it. Which tool (software?) do you have for writing cards? I found 1, but it seems to be only the RICOH version and not sure that will work with the cards I have. Thanks

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
New clone cards are cheap.... I just bought six of them from aliexpress so I have two copies of v44, v148, and GM. Linear flash can only be written so many times before it fails, so better not rewriting cards more often than you need to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the super late reply, but if it helps you or anyone else I use the elan memory explorer tool that's located here Memory Card Explorer - Google Drive

I've used this to flash between Saab and GM 100's of times because I am to cheap to pay $20 for a second card. Only takes about 5-10 minutes to flash with a dedicated PCMCIA slot on a old Toshiba running Windows XP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts