SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big question to ask any one out their that might be able to give me a helping hand.

I am having troubles with my turbo system I think. What is going on is when I put my foot down the car goes pretty good but then between 3000-4000 the car just stops going. At that point my boost gauge says 9-10 pounds of boost. But still the car stops accelerating.

What I have tried to do so far to figure out is going on is. I disconnected my APC solenoid to see what my base boost is set at. And it is at 4.5 pounds. What should it be at?

I have also switched the outer vacuum hoses on the APC solenoid to see if the turbo is working and it is it slams the boost

That is about all that I have tried I know what to try.

Here is what is on my car

1989 wiring system

2.0 block, 2.3 head 1985 cams, 2.1 intake.

3 bar regulator and 2.1 injectors

I don’t know if this would matter but I have 31-30 primary gears

And a fuel pump is out of a 86 non turbo

Thanks

stephen

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
well it could be a lot of things... did you go over the fuel injection checks in the bently manual? it's VERY important to go over them one by one. it sounds like it may be going lean, this can be caused by anything from a bad AMM to a fuel pump that no longer produces enough output to keep things rolling past 4000 RPM's

do you have an AFR gauge? if so, what's it say about all this? base boost should be 5-6 PSI. set to 6 for maximum performance and make sure your W/G actuator is in good condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts