SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to find the IAT on my 97 900s saab. i cant find it were is it, i am losing my mind i looked every were i thought it would b located at. does any one kno were it is or does ne one have a pic of it?

thanks for any help that can be provided. thanks chuck

i posted the same thing looking for the iac i got the two mixed up sorry

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Do you mean IAT - Intake Air Temperature sensor, or do you mean your car w. the 2.3L engine and the Mass Air Flow Sensor?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
GO-SAAB-GO said:
HOW ABOUT A IAS SENSOR LIKE THE ONE THEY HAVE ON
http://www.thesaabsite.com/900new/ng900fuel.htm
ITS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE WAYS DOWN AT THE BOTTOM
That page shows two air temperature sensors for the turbo air intake. One for 1994-95 years, and one for 1996-98 years. Both parts are for the NG900 2.0L turbo engine. The ecu on the turbo uses the intake air temp sensor in combination with the manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor to calculate how much air is going into the engine, and to adjust the air/fuel mix accordingly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Its call the AIT (Air Intake Temperature) Sensor and I am being told it is located in or around the throttle body. Anybody care to jump in and confirm?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The 2.3L non-turbo engine does not have one, period. The parts discussed above are for the 2.0L turbo. The 2.3L engine uses the MAF sensor. The turbo uses a MAP sensor in combination with the IAT sensor for the same function.

The V6 "Air Intake Sensor at Airmass Meter" shown at the link above, is on the intake, near the air mass meter, and serves a different function. It is not on the throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts