SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just bought a 97 900S and was reading a few forums about them. Someone mentoned on one of the other BB's that around 1997.5, Saab replaced the cable clutch with the hydraulic one. My question is: how do I tell which one mine has? I don't have the owner's manual, the last owner lost it. And I also haven't driven enough pre and post 97 900's to tell the difference between a cable or hydraulice clutch. Is there anything I can physically look for to confirm the clutch type?
Thanks!!;)

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
As far as I know, no one has actually seen a 1997 with a hydraulic clutch. It seems to be another Saab myth, like Pioneer radios in the 9-3. The easiest way to check is to see what's coming out of the top of the transmission. If it's a big lever arm with a cable hooked onto it, then it's a cable clutch. If there's a curly hard pipe on top, then it's hydraulic.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
You can, if you so wish, examine the master cylinder and see if there is a hose from one chamber leading to the transmission clutch housing..

Maybe some late English or Euro '97s used the hydraulic system, I believe this commenced with the '98s here..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts