SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished converting my '97 900 to a hydraulic clutch, and it works great, but I have one question for all of you 9-3 owners with manual transmissions: does your clutch pedal go all the way to the floor? The clutch is definitely disengaging completely, and shifting is nice and smooth, but it just seems a little weird to have the pedal hit the stop so easily every time I shift.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
I have one question for all of you 9-3 owners with manual transmissions: does your clutch pedal go all the way to the floor?
How about a '98 900?!? ;)

The clutch pedal does go all the way to the floor. I'm sitting here trying to imagine what it would feel like to NOT have it go all the way down - it must feel really odd!

·
Registered
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The forgotten hydraulic clutch owners! :cheesy: I'm starting to get used to the feel. It just has more of a "clunk" when it hits the floor than it did when it hit the end of the cable's travel. I still can't get over how easily I can get into reverse now.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The clutch pedal should have a limit on its travel, a stop bracket I think would be better than the floor.Without a properly set limit of pedal travel, strain is placed upon the master cylinder or the cable every time a man shifts his transmission..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts