SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity does anyone sell T25/28 or T28 turbos that fit our cars besides Jak? And has anybody used one? And so I don't have to post another thread, who is a good online dismatler to use. Maybe it would be cheaper but I know not easier to just use a mitsu turbo. All of this is so far away but I want a clear game plan befor I comite myself to a goal. I am hoping that a million dollars flies in my lap for no good reason in the near future, but I don't play the lottery so I dought it will happen:evil:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Corn Cob said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone sell T25/28 or T28 turbos that fit our cars besides Jak? And has anybody used one? And so I don't have to post another thread, who is a good online dismatler to use. Maybe it would be cheaper but I know not easier to just use a mitsu turbo. All of this is so far away but I want a clear game plan befor I comite myself to a goal. I am hoping that a million dollars flies in my lap for no good reason in the near future, but I don't play the lottery so I dought it will happen:evil:
you know my buddy ray built some hybrid thats working out real good for him

hes not telling me what he did just yet, he says i have to wrench on the car again before he's telling me, but from what it almost looks like a 20g, with a tdo06 6cm exhaust housing, but i know hes had some machine work on it, so can't tell what he's running internals wise

he's kinda being a dick about it, i think i'm gonna steal his supercharger, and manifold for the talon, and sell it to some ricer for a couple grand its custom right lol

as far as the t28, i geuss if you pretty handy and know a good turbo machine shop you could propably buy the t28 impeller and have the housing machine to fit

·
Registered
713 Posts
first off im not selling it my friend is. anyway, my dsm friend is selling a t03-t04 hybred turbo that needs to be rebuilt, if intrested il ask him how much? im guessin like 200-400 new there like 1200

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What in the hell is that? Does it even fit on our cars? I was more meaning the T25/28 and big 28/28 turbos because they are a direct swap.

·
Registered
713 Posts
t03 hot and t04cold side, common upgrade for a dsm, not sure if its direct swap, someoneelse may answer that one

·
Registered
713 Posts
lol alrighty then maby not a direct fit but hey it can happen! lol :D

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
t_buck09 said:
lol alrighty then maby not a direct fit but hey it can happen! lol :D
Hell yea, The most powerful turbo's are never a dirrect swap, that would be too easy and no fun (well a little).

·
Registered
771 Posts
WaSaabiPSI said:
Hell yea, The most powerful turbo's are never a dirrect swap, that would be too easy and no fun (well a little).
GS makes the new top mount manifold, and they could put a t3/t4 flange on it, as far as paying 200-400 for a blown t3/t4 your friends smoking crack sorry to say, but out here in az i could get a used one, that has zero shaft play, and doesn't leak oil all day for 400 bucks

hell i just look on craigslist, blown t3/t4 for 75 bucks w/ a manifold for a honda, hell i found a t70 for 600 bucks from garrett, never installed

If you would really like to go t3/t4 on the car just look around, you shouldn't have to pay more than 500 for it including a rebuild for it if its blown

so like some other poster said propably looking more around 1-1.2K for the setup, not including the tune for the comp, which from jak is another 500

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I don't want a t3, if I wanted one I would pull the one off of my T8 C900 engine collecting dust in the garage. Anyway I was just wondering if there were alternate supliers to the T25/28 that Jak sells nothing against him I just wondered if others had a cheaper alternative.
You guys have my brain working now(ouch) being as I have a t3 are they any good? I don't think I would but what all would it take to make it work? I know that I would need an adapter for the manifold, would my DP fit (I dought it), I think 8 valve C900's were oil cooled only so turbo cooling might be easier to fab up. Daught I would go that route but I do have one sitting in the garage. Thanks for letting my ADD be acceptable:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
How about 9000s as donors? I saw a 86 9000 turbo here long time ago, so I assume it was set up for a T3. I wanted the manifold but was told it would not work with my 900. But, it could fit your car because of similar arrangement. With maybe some machining to match your exhaust ports.

Main reason about using the T3 is that it is the most common turbo out there. From Mercedes diesels to Ford turbos and Dodge turbo Caravans, you have a huge universe to find them while junkyard shopping. Them you can go evil and, say, put a .63 (or is it .60? I always get confused if I cannot check one in person) turbine side and either a .60 (.63? See above) compressor side or a compressor off a T4.

Yes, they are ancient by today's standards but they have been used in 12s Volvos.

·
Registered
365 Posts
G-Pop Shop will upgrade your Garrett T25 to a T28 (all the new parts and machining required) for $200..... I'm going to be doing this as soon as I have the cash for a new clutch and ecu tune....

·
Registered
733 Posts
i have a "jak stoll big t28" along with his injectors and an ecu specially tuned for high altitude. i ended up getting some crap in my intake and dinging the wheel and had to rebuild it. my dad has a shop, and one of the audi guys pulled it apart, got the part number and we ordered a brand new center section straight from a garret distributor. jak is not the only guy who can get these.

its pretty fast i guess, but power is like cocaine, the more you have it the more you want it :evil: i need a new fuel pump, and i still take my best friends 07 sti w/accessport and catback. have taken numerous seemingly fast cars from a roll, off the line traction is a big problem ;oops: i embarrassed a gorgeous x5 4.8is yesterday. for most saab enthusiasts im sure a good running t28 would be plenty.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I just finished the installation / tuning of a T28 from the Gpopshop. The guys there are AWESOME and, since they are an Authorized Garrett Distributor, they definitely know their stuff and have access to everything they need. The turbo they did for me is a work of art.

My car is running VERY well and I am VERY happy with the results.

Give Jim or Jerry a call. They'll hook you up!

PM for a before and after video showing the difference between the stock T25 and the T28.;)

D-

·
Registered
733 Posts
David in Tallahassee said:
I just finished the installation / tuning of a T28 from the Gpopshop. The guys there are AWESOME and, since they are an Authorized Garrett Distributor, they definitely know their stuff and have access to everything they need. The turbo they did for me is a work of art.

My car is running VERY well and I am VERY happy with the results.

Give Jim or Jerry a call. They'll hook you up!

PM for a before and after video showing the difference between the stock T25 and the T28.;)

D-
nice!! what are you running for fuel/tune?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yea, G-Pop is the place to go!!!

EDIT: I have there number and stuff from when I rebuilt my turbo (got parts from them) if you need it....

·
Registered
949 Posts
SaabFamily, the below comments are a pre-emptive strike and not aimed towards you!

saab_family said:
nice!! what are you running for fuel/tune?
A Vortech Engineering 3:1 FMU and a Kenne Bell Boost A Pump w/Stock ECU, Injectors and Fuel Pump

Cue the "That can't be done." "I'm sure it's running lean." "Math doesn't work in the real world." comments.

My pre-programmed response to the above...Yes it can. No it's not. Yes it does.:cool:

D-

PS Yes I do have logged AFR from an Innovate LM1!:cheesy: NOT from a dyno which is nearly useless in determining real world AFRs but from on road tuning runs. The ONLY viable way to determine where your AFRs are when your car is actually moving.;)

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Geese, all anyone said was you might want to check you're a/f...

Not that it could not be done, just might want to know some basic engine parameters...

Like A/F

·
Registered
949 Posts
John Z Williams said:
Geese, all anyone said was you might want to check you're a/f...

Not that it could not be done, just might want to know some basic engine parameters...

Like A/F
Nothin' but love for ya JZW! You know that!

Unfortunately though it's been a bit more than a recommendation to check AFRs from the peanut gallery.

I think the big problem was that my systems for tuning either had to line up with popular board opinion or they were considered as not credible. That's where things really went sideways as far as I'm concerned.:( It's not that I wasn't checking my AFRs it's that I wasn't checking them with the "approved" systems / methods of other posters. I was PERFECTLY comfortable with what has tuned many a fast car for me in the past but others, sadly, were not.

No harm done. I have a wideband now so everyone can breath easier and I have confirmed what I knew all along. I'm just a few hundred dollars lighter in the wallet for it. :eek:

I will admit that I would not have wanted to install a larger blower without KNOWING my AFR so, on that point, I'm grateful.:cool:

I know you guys are just lookin' out for folks and I appreciate that I really do!

D-

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hold up hold up..

An upgrade from the stock T25 to a T28 for $200? That's amazing! Any more info on this? What are you running exactly David? PM me the 'difference'.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts