SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 99' 9-3 SE. i would like to put some new parts to up the hp, but i kinda have a small budget. are there some inexpensive, but not "cheap", parts i could order to get some more kick out of my car? i have been considering an ecu upgrade. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
ECU upgrade would not be an option if your going low budget. To make a tune even worth the $500+ it cost you would need the hardware upgrades to match. I would say, buy a MBC, put it on your car and turn it 4 turns, this will up your boost 4 lbs. 5 turns, 5lbs. and so on. I wouldn't go above 5 turns though. That will get you the most kick for your money. You can find them for 25-50 bucks. If you want to hear your turbo more, get a Cone filter intake. The intake wont really give you any HP increase, but it sounds sweet. You could get a muffler shop to fab you up a 2.5'' exhaust for probably around $200 with a magnaflow muffler. Other than that, stuff starts to get more expensive.

A good starting handling mod would be a rear sway bar, I would say the 22mm one is good enough unless you plan on autoXing.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
There should be a sticky about this subject.

When I had my old 9-3, I would see this question all the time...

:)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
93 se's love the mbc becasue you can crank them up past 15psi due to more aggressive tuning plus with a custom catback you'll get better spool up and top end

freemods can be making your own intake and porting the trasition in the intake pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts