SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres one 9-2x left in my area, but it doesnt have the premium package. i dont care about leather, but i was wondering if the xenon lamps are worth it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMO, yes.

They are great headlights, the level control is sweet, OEM quality, no wires running about. See and be seen.

I've got the crappy leather too... Wish it didn't come with the headlights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wanted the HIDs, and waited till I found a car with one. This being my first car with them, I must say, the light they throw out is awesome. Some people will talk them down, but the coolest thing about them to me, is when I turn them on at night, and the "charge" up. Its hard to explain, but they flicker on, at a low brightness, and quickly get brighter. Pretty cool. The first time my fiance saw them (after some doubt) she thought they were really nice. To me also, it makes the car a bit more classy, adding another difference from the WRX.

The auto leveling is nice too, although I dont change them much. Aegon said the best part..OEM, warranty, no hassle of wiring them up.

Worst case, put a deposit down on the one you found, and keep looking. Make sure that the deposit is refundable (in writing), and if your lucky like I was, you'll find the one you want. Happy hunting, and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF said:
theres one 9-2x left in my area, but it doesnt have the premium package. i dont care about leather, but i was wondering if the xenon lamps are worth it?
Not worth the cost of the package if you don't really want the rest of the stuff. The aftermarket units are simple to install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
richie said:
How are the aftermarket xenon conversion kits? Do they void warrantee
PHP:
? Do they cause an damage/melting?
Some are cheap, some are very good.

Warranty? I don't see anything a dealership could say was caused by the lighting system, especially with the redundant backup system in the ballasts.

Melting? Nope, the opposite is true. True Xenon filament less bulbs run at 35 watts, and are actually cooler than standard bulbs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Methodman said:
I wanted the HIDs, and waited till I found a car with one. This being my first car with them, I must say, the light they throw out is awesome. Some people will talk them down, but the coolest thing about them to me, is when I turn them on at night, and the "charge" up. Its hard to explain, but they flicker on, at a low brightness, and quickly get brighter. Pretty cool. The first time my fiance saw them (after some doubt) she thought they were really nice. To me also, it makes the car a bit more classy, adding another difference from the WRX.

The auto leveling is nice too, although I dont change them much. Aegon said the best part..OEM, warranty, no hassle of wiring them up.

Worst case, put a deposit down on the one you found, and keep looking. Make sure that the deposit is refundable (in writing), and if your lucky like I was, you'll find the one you want. Happy hunting, and sorry for the long post.
yea i want to wait for one too, but i dont have that option. theres is a grand total of 1 saab 9-2x aero with a manual left in any dealership within 50 miles of me. i cant really be choosy at this point, but i wanted this car fully loaded. if i cant get it the way i want, i might lean towards buyin an acura rsx, which was the car i was caught between with the saab...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Xenon's?

I did not get the Xenon's and was a bit disappointed. However since driving the car, and enjoying the great seats and the material (versus leather), I must say my standard Aero headlights still really light up the country side at night here in the great state of Idaho. My TT had Xenon's and I don't think it was much difference.
I doubt I'll ever spend the doe to replace the headlights I have now.
vitch

·
Registered
43 Posts
Based on the few people that have chimed in here, you can tell one thing:

The people that have them, love them...
The people that don't have them, don't care about them.

For some, its an important issue, for others, doesn't matter. If they're that important to you, keep calling dealers, and with fingers crossed, you'll find the one that you want!

I'll sell you mine for $28,000...It hasn't even hit 900 miles yet. :cheesy:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like xenons, but I wasn't interested in paying the extra cash for them.

But I wanted leather, so I was going to pay for them.

But a 5-speed aero with sport, winter, and luxury was not available, so I went without and I'm putting in an aftermarket leather kit.

The xenons are nice, but the normal lights project very well. I would not let it sway my decision to purchase a car one way or another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have them and like them, this is my first car with good lights (previous car was a 78 Impala).

What I don't understand is why everybody is so down on the leather. No it's not super plush or nice, but it seems extremely durable. I got some oily greasy stuff on the driver's seat from the autoshop where I work on my project car, and the stuff came right off. My dog's slobber comes straight off too. It's also great for the beach. IMHO, the leather/light package was well worth it. I wanted it way more than the wheel/sunroof package. My first choice was a stripper model, but that's because I'm a cheap SOB. What I really wanted though was leather and lights, and I'm glad no stripper 9-2x 5m cars were available.

Oh well, I guess I'm happy, and you're all happy, it's all kool and the gang.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, I preferred the premium package over the sport package. I like the leather. I'm happy with it, as well as the headlights. I"ve noticed that people on the highways notice me coming up behind them and move over to let me by...more so than with my old non-HID lighting system. Can you believe it??!?! People actually moving over out of the passing lane to let people by!! Amazing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Plus, on the *other forum* there is a deal about buying new headlights that are much brighter than your stock ones (nonHID). They run about $80 plus shipping, which is about $900 less than the HIDs are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welp it doesnt matter any more...

i didnt get the saab 9-2x. not because i didnt want to, but because they were sold out across the whole country. just signed the papers for an 05 rsx type s today. thanks for all the help guys, enjoy your cars.

ps: im gonna have to start hoping for insane depreciation on ur cars, so i can get one for super cheap when it comes time to replace my car, sorry guys:cheesy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
very worth it as an option just like others said, however at this point i don't think you will find a 9-2x with premium package, actually ANY 9-2x Aero's with 5 spd in the country.

Some have shown interest for fitting OEM parts, but not really a feasible option. kinda sucks. I wish I had gotten in on it earlier

·
Registered
44 Posts
qcomdrj said:
They run about $80 plus shipping, which is about $900 less than the HIDs are.
:roll: $900 cheaper? Factory is like $800+ for each side to retrofit, the premium package is $1400 to get them, but you can get aftermarket HIDs for about $350.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts