SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the boot where the top lowers into fill with water. Anyone know how to correct. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The top is not working right at all. I am trying the to see if I can diagnose with my Tech II but I really don't know how to use it yet. Every time I hit the roof switch up or down the Tech II shuts down and then re-starts. Any tips welcome. I'm going to check out the Tech II forum.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Is engine running when you operate roof?
If not, recharge battery and start engine.
If yes, use external power to TECH2. Fix TECH2 regulator.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to revisit this. I had the car on ramps when I first noticed the water issue. It does not leak into the interior unless it overfills. When I had the on level ground for a few months it stayed dry as a bone. Now that I put the front end back up on stands the back where the top folds into in filling with water again. I'll see if I can get some closeup pics. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any suggestions based on the original post and followups? Maybe I misunderstood something. Level no leaks, front end up 6" fills to top then spills to trunk. Now here come the violins, I am recovering from a broken elbow that happened Aug 28th and again Oct 2nd. Two breaks two surgeries. I have just had my right knee removed, a placeholder was put in. No infection, maybe metalosis from my 5 year old implant. Two months, no knee, no work. Especially on Saab. Hopefully new knee in a month and a half. Rehab that f-er and then wait for the left to br done.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knee. It makes scrabbling around the car difficult.

If you're getting water in the bag it's probably the seal on the 5th bow.
Or the 5th bow isn't going low enough and or the catches aren't catching.

If the water is getting in the trunk it will be the trunk seal.
Clean it and use rubber conditioner something like the conditioner used on the Volkswagen Eos top seals.
Look for gaps in the seal.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5th bow. Can I find proper pic in WIS? Started with a C900 3dr, then 9-5's. This is my first 9-3, convertible, to boot. Thanks, Ted

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
The 5th bow is the bow at the base of the rear window, the bow that seals to the tonneau cover. I would expect a leaky seal there to result in cabin water intrusion, but who knows?

There is a seal around the body that seals to the bottom of the tonneau cover. I would definitely check that out, make sure it isn't squished or ripped.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks JVA, i'll check it out. Probably have to tarp it. I am minus one right knee at the moment. Probably six to eight weeks before I am mobile again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts